Indiana Serious Injury Lawyer Discusses What to do After An Auto Accident

At Young and Young we represent thousands of Hoosiers who are seriously injured in automobile collisions.  We represent those injured in drunk driving accidents, large truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents.  We know the medicine involved in the care in treatment of brain injury, amputations, paralysis,  nerve damage and broken bones.  We want to take this time to discuss what to do if you are involved in a collision that is someone else’s fault.

If your car is not on fire, or if you are no longer in immediate danger, while in your car, do not move.  Your body is in shock as a result of the crash.  Your pulse is up, your blood pressure is up, your thoughts are not carefully ordered.  Your body’s response to the impact may by, and probably is, masked by the shock condition.  This means you may not feel the pain that indicates injury.  To be on the safe side, stay where you are until emergency personnel arrive.  If you have a cell phone, and are able to make a call, call 911 immediately.  It is likely that good Samaritans will arrive at your vehicle before the emergency people do.  If so, tell them where you are injured, and allow them to make calls for you.  Do not allow them to move you unless there is an immediate danger if you stay where you are.

If you are able, completely cooperate with the police.  This includes giving a statement to them about what happened.  It is also a good idea to ask the police officer if he/she has the names of all the witnesses.  Sometimes the witnesses approach the officer, but their names and addresses are not recorded by the officer.  Make sure you keep your insurance information in your glove compartment for easy reference .  If there is any question of injury, seek medical treatment immediately.

If you require legal assistance, Young and Young is ready to assist you.  We represent seriously injured Hoosiers all over the State of Indiana out of our Indianapolis offices.

NOTICE: No face-to-face meeting needed. You can remain safely in your home from case signup to settlement.