Drunk Driving Accidents
We have over 66 years experience representing Hoosiers seriously injured in accidents that occured because of a drunk driver. When you’ve been injured by the negligence of a drunk driver, it can turn your world upside down. That’s why the attorneys at Young and Young are here for you. We can fight to get your expenses paid and get you the compensation you deserve.
Every year, drunk drivers put nearly 112 million people at risk because of poor decisions and dangerous habits. Choosing to drive while intoxicated can lead to severe accidents that ruin lives and compromise the injured victim’s quality of life in the future. Car accidents, especially those caused by drunk drivers, can be devastating. Intoxicated drivers will often take dangerous risks, speed, or fall asleep at the wheel, resulting in serious car accidents.
When is a Driver Considered to be Legally Drunk in Indiana?
- Non-commercial drivers age 21+ are considered legally drunk when their blood alcohol level is .08 or more.
- Drivers of commercial vehicles are legally drunk when their blood alcohol level is .04 percent or greater.
- Drivers under 21 are legally drunk when their blood alcohol measures .02 or more.
Car Accident Statistics USA- 2019
- There are nearly 40,000 fatal car accidents per year.
- Each day, more than 90 Americans die in car accidents.
- On average, 2 million drivers experience a permanent injury every year.
- Almost 8,000 people are killed in traffic accidents involving drivers aged 16-20.
- The most common causes of accidents resulting in death are drunk driving (40%), speeding (30%), and irresponsible driving (33%).
- According to the statistics, most fatal injuries happen during weekends.
Every 50 minutes, a person dies because of driving under the influence of alcohol. (Source: CDC).
Alcohol-related deaths make up nearly 1/3 of all traffic fatalities in the United States. We’ll make sure your injury isn’t just another tragic statistic. We’ll fight to get you compensation for your injuries, your lost time at work, and your pain and suffering.
Insurance companies can be downright uncompromising when it comes to paying their fair share after an accident. That’s why having an experienced legal team on your side is your most important advantage. We’ll handle the hassles while you focusing on healing. We’ll be with you every step of the way. For a free consultation about our ability to represent your claims, contact one of the experienced personal injury lawyers at Young and Young in Indianapolis.
Indiana DUI crash statistics
During the latest reporting year in Indiana, there were over 200,000 total traffic collisions. Data from the state Department of Transportation states that there were 4,450 total traffic collisions related to alcohol that year. While that number may seem relatively low when compared to the total number of accidents, we know that alcohol-related crashes tend to have higher rates of fatalities and severe injuries.