At Young & Young, our accident attorneys represent personal injury and wrongful death clients in lawsuits related to construction site accidents. There are a number of complex liability issues that pertain to construction accident lawsuits, so it’s important to contact an attorney who can navigate the landscape and has experience handling third-party injury claims. Our attorneys have deep knowledge of Indiana negligence law, experience with proof of complex claims, and skillful presentation of evidence in court. These factors alone can provide a significant advantage for our clients in the settlement or trial of construction accident cases.
Our accident lawyers represent workers who were injured on residential or commercial building sites, public improvement or infrastructure development projects, or in highway and road construction zones. Typical accidents range from:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving delivery vehicles, heavy equipment haulers, maintenance trucks, mobile cranes or bucket trucks
- Excavation accidents involving earthmoving equipment, foundation or trench collapse, or injuries suffered in landslides
- Falling accidents involving roofs, ladders or scaffolds
- Burn injuries caused by fire, chemical exposure, explosions, or electrocution
- Injuries caused by loose or falling objects from overhead
A common issue that arises early in construction accident cases is whether the injured worker has the right to file a civil lawsuit at all. Workers’ compensation will normally be available to meet the loss of income and medical requirements for the victim, but unless a defendant other than the victim’s employer can be held responsible, workman’s’ comp will be the exclusive source of payments for injuries on the job.
For a free consultation about our ability to represent your claims, contact one of the experienced personal injury lawyers at Young & Young in Indianapolis.