Construction Accident Lawyers in Indianapolis, IN
Were You Injured In A Construction Accident?
Our Indianapolis Construction Injury Lawyers Can Help!
At Young & Young Law, our accident attorneys represent personal injury and wrongful death clients in lawsuits related to construction site accidents. There are a number of complex liability issues that pertain to construction accident lawsuits, so it’s important to contact an expert attorney who can navigate the landscape and has experience handling third-party injury claims. Our attorneys have deep knowledge of Indiana negligence law, experience with proof of complex claims, and skillful presentation of evidence in court. These factors alone can provide a significant advantage for our clients in the settlement or trial of construction accident cases.
Involved in A Construction Accident?
We Handle ALL Types of Construction & Industrial Accident Claims
Our construction accident lawyers represent workers who were injured on residential or commercial building sites, public improvement or infrastructure development projects, or in highway and road construction zones.
Common Construction Accident Claims
There is almost no limit to the kind of accidents you can suffer when working on a construction site. However, most construction accidents tend to fall into a few categories. Common causes of construction accidents include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: injuries involving delivery vehicles, heavy equipment haulers, maintenance trucks, mobile cranes or bucket trucks
- Excavation Accidents: injuries involving earthmoving equipment, foundation or trench collapse, or injuries suffered in landslides
- Heavy Machinery Accidents: injuries involving construction equipment & improper safety protocols
- Ladder, Scaffolding & Falling Accidents: injuries sustained involving roofs, ladders or scaffolds
- Burn Injury Accidents: injuries caused by fire, chemical exposure, explosions or electrocution
- Falling Object Accidents: sever injuries caused by loose or falling objects from overhead
- Slip, Trip & Fall Accidents: injuries caused by improper cleanup, structurally unsound building elements or negligence
- Electrical Accidents: injuries caused by improper safety measures & exposed wires
- Welding Accidents: sever burn injuries caused from improper welding safety or negligence
- Explosions: severe injuries or death caused by improper storage of chemicals, negligence or a combination of other common construction accidents
If You’ve Been Injured – Report Your Construction Accident Right Away!
A common issue that arises early in construction accident cases is whether the injured worker has the right to file a civil lawsuit at all. Workers’ compensation will normally be available to meet the loss of income and medical requirements for the victim, but unless a defendant other than the victim’s employer can be held responsible, workman’s’ comp will be the exclusive source of payments for injuries on the job.
What to Do If You Have Been Injured on a Construction Site?
If you or a family member was injured on a job site, taking the following steps can help protect your legal rights, options for recovery & ability to obtain maximum compensation.
- Seek immediate medical attention: There is no way to be assured you do not have a severe injury until medical personnel thoroughly evaluate your condition.
- File a report of your injury: The law requires injured employees to file a report with their employer, if physically possible, detailing as much of the accident as they remember.
- Take photographs: If possible, take pictures of the accident scene at the construction/industrial sites, capturing visual information that will assist you later in telling your story of what happened.
- Meet with a construction worker injury lawyer: Contact our construction injury attorneys to assist you in filling out all accident-related forms and reviewing your medical records.
Hire The #1 Construction Injury Attorneys in Indianapolis
For a free consultation about our ability to represent your claims, contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Young & Young in Indianapolis.